Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome to Briggs' Personal Den of Hell!

I guess this is my first post! Hello, I'm Briggs or FrauBriggs from tumblr. I'm an artist and currently unemployed (But I guess I'm working on that!) I really hope people don't feel threatened by me, I'm a very friendly person and love to talk to people, especially those who follow my art. It means a lot to me, if only you knew.

Art is honestly what keeps me alive and thriving. Without it I don't know where I'd be. I suffer from severe depressive disorder and social anxiety disorder, finding it really hard to function properly as a human being. The pain has caused me to lose everything. If I had the guts, I'd tell everyone that I had to drop out of school and curl up at home because I ended up in the hospital after trying to kill myself. I'm currently seeking help, but it's still hard. And it's something I know I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. Because of this, I use my art as both an outlet and a distraction. Which is why anyone who even enjoys my artwork for a split second, I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart. It shows me that maybe I do have a reason to keep going, even if my heart still doesn't believe so.

This blog will be mostly personal stuff or what's going on as of late with me. I'm not sure if anyone is too interested. But I wanna tell a story, I guess. I fight a lot of demons on my own and never tell anyone about it. I guess I want people to know that they're not alone. And that fighting isn't so hard if you have the right tools.

I look up to Ke$ha because she had been accepted to a great, great college, but gave that all up to do what she wanted to do, be an artist. And honestly, one of the only in the music industry I feel like I can forever respect. She isn't afraid of being herself and she has nothing to hide.

I wish we all can feel that way instead of hiding away parts of ourselves for the sake of the controlling people around us. There's a lot more in life than just the straight shot "success" they tell you. It doesn't always have to be school, college, job, life, family, death. In fact, what a boring existence, don't you think? Enjoy life. Even if just for a moment at a time. Make sure you're doing things for yourself.

Thanks for listening. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment